Monday, May 11, 2015

Blog Post 12

As I look back at my 20 time project, there are some things I did well and some things I would change.  While I certainly picked something that I figured I wouldn't complete, I feel that mindset caused me to push things back down on my to do list.  Also, at the beginning of the year, I thought I had so much more time than I actually did to do the project.  I kept pushing it back thinking I still had plenty of time to do it, but time flew right by and here I am.  I was never very focused on this project from the start and even when I was working on it,  I was also doing other things and getting distracted.  I also found it very hard to stay motivated while I worked on the project since it got very frustrating at times.

I wish I would have started working on this project much earlier than I actually did.  I started around mid November, right when basketball was starting up.  While I was definitely busy throughout the season,  I found a lot more excuses and other things to do rather than working on this project.  Looking back I would work on it consistently throughout the year, rather than cramming it in big chunks whenever I felt like I was behind.  I regret not taking this project as seriously as some of the other things throughout this year because I could have done a lot more if I would have made it a priority.

I learned a lot from this project.  While I already knew this about myself, I found I am a very big procrastinator.  I kept putting this project back until I no longer couldn't.  I think since there was no expected final result, I wasn't as motivated as I would have been if I had to turn something in at the end of the year.  However, I still enjoyed this project when I did work on it and hope to continue working on it in years to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment