Monday, February 9, 2015

Blog Post 7

Since my last post I have really been focused on trying to finish up my research.  As I go through my post it feels like I haven't really accomplished much since I started.  Kind of depressing, but I know this step is necessary if I want my app to go anywhere.  I was watching Sportscenter this weekend and as I watched their segments on College Basketball, I noticed that as they showed who they were predicting to win the Wooden Award (basically the MVP for the NCAA) they only showed three stats for each player.  Points per game, assists per game, and rebounds per game.  Yes these stats are important, but what about their plus/minus.  This stat takes into account not only their offense, but also their defense.  You could have a guy that scores fifteen points per game, but plays no defense.  That player isn't going to help your team out that much.  I just wish people would not just focus on the big stats, but also focus on the little things that don't always make it in the box-score.

No comments:

Post a Comment